Koh Tao Rock Climbing
Rock 3 Sport Leading
- Length: 2 days
- Difficulty: Medium
The Rock 3 Sport Leading course is designed to give you a comprehensive introduction to Sport lead climbing.
- In depth overview of Sport Lead climbing and the differences to other climbing disiplines.
- Commerialization, ethics, attitudes and grading systems.
- The process of developing and bolting a route.
- Preparing to climb, flaking ropes and other considerations.
- Seconding a climb.
- Lead climb belaying.
- Bolt layout, rope drag considerations, quickdraw placement.
- Self anchor and fixed lower off.
- Lead climb.
- Self rescue techniques.
- Lowering off unfinished climbs.
- Fall training both anticipated and accidental.
- Lots of lead climbing and seconding.
Prerequisite: Completion of Rock II or consent of Outdoor Program Coordinator